Wednesday 30 July 2014

Elle Rush...Drama Queen!

It is such a pleasure to welcome pub sister Elle Rush with her sexy new book Drama Queen and very fun post about her brush with celebrity.
Welcome Elle!

Talking about Drama Queen and the time I was in a movie with Shannen Doherty


A few years ago, my good buddy (never actually spoke to her) Shannen Doherty was in my hometown of Winnipeg filming a movie with my other close personal friend Shirley MacLaine (never actually spoke to her either) and we all hung out and drank mimosas (not really) in between takes during my special guest star appearance.
True story.
The movie in question was Hell On Heels:  The Battle for Mary Kay and it was my first glimpse into how movies were made. I, along with about 350 other women, answered an advertisement in the newspaper looking for people to play extras in this local production. (An extra, by the way, is a background actor. You know, the people who sit silently at the surrounding tables when two actors who have lines are in a restaurant scene. That kind of starring role.)  I spent the one day in the lobby of the Winnipeg Centennial Concert Hall as part of the mob of women surrounding Shannen Doherty as her character tried to register for a Mary Kay conference, and the next two days in the auditorium as a member of the audience as the Mary Kay pageant, led by Shirley MacLaine, unfolded before us. Over and over and over again.
Let me tell you about film making. There is a metric ton of “sit around and wait” counterbalanced with an equal measure of “do it all again exactly the same way”. There has to be at least thirty minutes of mind-numbing boredom consisting of lighting checks and sound checks and resetting the scene and fixing the actors’ hair and make-up for a single minute of filming.
It was the most awesome job I ever had.
Until I started writing romance.
I’ve always loved television and movies, and getting a taste of the real thing only made my obsession grow. It was inevitable that I’d want to set a series in that fascinating world. When the cast of Olympus, my fictional Hercules/Game of Thrones/Spartacus mash-up introduced themselves to me, I knew I had to write their stories.
DRAMA QUEEN is book two of my Hollywood to Olympus series. While book one visits the set, Russ and Layla spend most of their time at work, and readers get a better look at what goes on behind the camera. That’s where all the really interesting stuff happens anyway.


Blurb:
Layla Andrews isn't really a bitch - she just plays one on television. For the last eighteen months, she's acted like one in real life too while she was forced to serve probation for something she didn't do. Now the Queen of Olympus has done her time and she's ready to start living again...but she's forgotten how.
Russ Vukovick, the show's fight coordinator, has been attracted to Layla since the first time he saw her. Recently he's caught glimpses of a new side of her - one that makes her irresistible. But as he gets closer, he also sees more of what she hides beneath the mask she wears.
As Layla and Russ try to navigate their new relationship, families, danger and secrets work against them at every turn. Can they find a true happily-ever-after when they are surrounded by lies?

Bio:
Elle Rush is a Canadian romance author from Winnipeg, Manitoba. When she’s not travelling, she’s hard at work writing her contemporary romance eBooks which are set all over the world. Elle earned a degree in Spanish and French, barely passed German, and is starting to learn Italian and Filipino. She has flunked poetry in every language she’s ever taken. She also has mild addictions to tea, cookbooks and the sci-fi channel. Keep up with Elle by signing up for her free newsletter at www.ellerush.com/newsletter

Links:
Buy it from my publisher Liquid Silver Books  (MOBI version for Kindle, EPUB for Kobo and iTunes), or get it directly from  Amazon, iTunes, Kobo, Barnes and Noble/Nook, ARe


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me over to chat, Rosanna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Elle. You are welcome anytime.

      Delete