Tuesday 8 May 2012

Jenna Storm with The Burning Seal!

Hi friends;
I'm so excited that novelist Jenna Storm is visiting with us today, to introduce her new work The Burning Seal!  Sounds awesome! Take it away, Jenna!


          Hello Rosanna! Thank you for allowing me to visit your blog and share some information on my new paranormal romance, The Burning Seal. Published through MuseItUp Publishing it is available for download in several formats.


          I enjoy writing very much and consider myself lucky for the opportunity to put on paper (lol! cyber-paper) the stories and scenes that fly through my head. I hope you enjoy reading about The Burning Seal.





Back Cover:

          Detective Danni Keegan is plunged into a dark, demonic world where survival depends on deciphering the connection between ritual killings, and a demon terrorizing her for a “gift” she wasn’t even aware she possessed. She must unravel her dreams of another woman who lived during ancient times and battled a bloodthirsty demon—the same demon who now hunts Danni. The loss of her body and soul looms imminent as her only chance to destroy the demon depends on changing her new partner’s convictions. He is a sinfully sexy man, who exudes power and self-assurance with the ease of breathing and has an iron-willed determination not to believe in the paranormal.



Excerpt: (Danni, the heroine of the book is a psychic and she’s about to relive another woman’s  long ago battle with the demon)



          She stared at her bare feet visible because the hem of her dress tangled around her legs. Beyond the demon, mauve spires from a far off castle shot into the sky. The majestic sight, coupled with the cumbersome dress she wore spoke of an ancient time. He wrenched her arm, drawing her to the very edge of the cliff as she teetered on her toes. The wind gusted off the ocean and batted her body. Her mind slipped gears and fought to understand what happened.

           Below her the angry sea roiled, while above, steel gray clouds churned, obliterating the once sunny sky. One minute she was in her house fighting an insurmountable force; a demon, and the next she was outside where the air smelled clean, unspoiled and the ocean slammed the rocks.

          The beast’s hands tightened. She feared his strength would shatter her bones. The edge of the cliff loomed too near. “Sara, the book,” the voice demanded.

          She felt like the only passenger on a runaway freight train. No. That wasn’t entirely true. Impossibly, Sara was here too and the unknown woman’s hate for the demon overpowered everything and prompted Danni to speak things of which she had no understanding.

          Scathing words fell unbidden from her lips. “You are a soulless beast from hell. A demon. You will not command me.” Her shrill vow rippled in the air, the words bowing under the weight of her promise.

           Realization rushed through Danni and soured her stomach as everything clicked into place. She was a prisoner, a conduit, forced to endure Sara’s experiences, speak Sara’s words while retaining her own thoughts and emotions.

          She didn’t know why the other woman chose her to speak through.

          Nothing makes sense. Not from the moment I opened my front door and let the demon in, to this moment, when I feel myself growing smaller as Sara takes over my mind and body. Her heart raced. She tried to scream, to push the foreign energy from her, but she wasn’t strong enough. At this moment, for this portion of the battle it wasn’t her turn to speak or fight. Terrified, she was unable to stop Sara from taking complete control and slotting her into the role of voyeur.

          "I'll never tell you the book's location. I'll never give you more power to kill the innocent. I won't let you start the cycle of death, to turn the tides of power. You will never release the Hierarchy from their chains to walk the earth again. I know you'll kill me, but I'll never give you what you want. Never!"

          "You offer your life so easily, Sara. What about those you love? Can you protect them forever, through the centuries even? I think not.” He gnashed his teeth, a rabid beast looking to consume her. “While I torture you and bring hell to your feet, I will slaughter those around you and you'll beg for death."




4 comments:

  1. Jenna, that is a fantastic excerpt. The books sounds so good. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna! Thanks for visiting me today on the blog! It was fun having you and your book looks amazing!
    Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rosanna I'm happy to be here.

    ReplyDelete